The new alignment of Helsinki–Oulu main road (VT 19) in Seinäjoki, called Itäväylä, offers new significant growth possibilities for logistics and industrial business. In the next few years, there will be over 1 000 hectares of new business areas around the Itäväylä district.
ROVES, THE FIRST AREA TO BE FINISHED, is situated at the intersection of main roads and railways and offers thus an excellent platform especially for freight traffic along the Helsinki–Tampere–Oulu growth corridor. There are logistics and industrial area plots the size of several hectares providing the possibility to operate a large-scale logistics business. In addition, there are bigger and smaller industrial and commercial plots.
– There is already plenty of plot capacity in the Roves area and there will be more. In 2018, the Roves area will be an industrial and logistics area of 300 hectares in size, states Service Manager Pekka Hunnakko from Into Seinäjoki Oy.
Companies investing in Roves
- Finn-Power, a Prima Industries Group company, is building industrial and office buildings with approximately 20 000 m2 of floor space. One of the things that brought the company to Seinäjoki was the price of the plot. It ensured that the building and founding costs are sure to stay within budget. According to the company’s recent press release, the new location, right next to the busy Itäväylä, is also perfect from the point of view of logistics.
- Posti Oy. A logistics terminal for foodstuffs, approx. 8 000 m2 of floor space.
- Inex Partners Oy. Logistics terminal, approx. 7 000 m2 or floor space. Completion during summer 2017.
Location and access
- Roves – Seinäjoki, Finland (62.760452, 22.933295)
- Immediate passage to highway VT19 (Helsinki – Oulu), distance to highway VT18 (Jyväskylä – Vaasa) 3 km and KT67 (Seinäjoki – Kaskinen) 7 km
- Distance to city center and national main train line 5 km (junction of five railways with 2.5 million annual passengers), access to Helsinki in 2h 35 min
Plots & Infrastructure
- Green field site, 160 hectares in total (service area 28 hectares)
- Combined transportation logistics area under planning
- Zoning completed, area may be sectioned into variable plots
- Entrance passage ready, lower street network as well as fresh water, sewage, district heating, electricity and data communications connections under construction during 2017
- Logistics terminals and gateways
- Warehousing, forwarding and dispatching
- Combined transportation
- Equipment and tool renting
- Equipment maintenance and spare part services
- Truck parking, service and filling stations
- Restaurants and cafeterias
- Motel and hotel services
- Safety and securitys services
- Waste management and cleaning
- Property and courtyard maintenance
- Information and communication systems
- Personnel rental and training
Seinäjoki in brief
- One of Finland’s fastest growing cities
- EUR 1 billion in investments to further economic vitality will be allocated by 2021 for industrial construction, business and housing construction and production investments
- Finland’s sixth largest commercial centre
- Second highest number of active companies in relation to population
We are ready to take action and go the extra mile to help your business grow roots in Seinäjoki. First step to successful business is only a phone call away.
Mr. Jukka Pajunen
Director, Relocation and Invest in
Into Seinäjoki Oy
gsm +358 – 44 – 418 1215