The new alignment of Helsinki-Oulu highway (VT 19) in Seinäjoki, called Itäväylä, offers new significant growth possibilities for commercial and service business. In the next few years, there will be over 1 000 hectares of new business areas around the Itäväylä district.
Eskoo – a new commercial area, for which planning is due to be completed in spring 2017, will provide a wealth of new business opportunities for various services, such as cafes and restaurants, entertainment and other activities, and naturally for retail business, even in large scale.
The total area of the first zoning phase will be 39 hectares with commercial building capacity of 60,000 floor sqm. The site is located around Itäväylä’s traffic flows and along the city’s public transport routes. The attractiveness of the site will be enhanced by a housing area for 15,000 residents to be built next to the business centre. Upon completion, the housing area will form a local market consisting of 30,000 consumers.
In the future, the Pihlajaniemi business area will be planned next to Eskoo site. It will enable extensive data centre activities to be located in Seinäjoki. At the same time, it will be possible to conduct the excess heat from the data centre activities for utilisation in the Eskoo area.
Location and access
- Highways VT 19 (Helsinki – Oulu), VT 18 (Jyväskylä – Vaasa) and main road KT 67 (Seinäjoki – Kaskinen) in immediate proximity.
- Distance to the city centre and railway station 6 km. The Seinäjoki railway station is a junction of five railways with over 2 million annual passengers. Access to Helsinki in 2 h 40 min.
Plots and infrastructure
- The total area of the first zoning phase will be 39 hectares with commercial building capacity of 60,000 floor sqm, the area may be sectioned into variable sized plots
- New housing for 15,000 residents is being planned by the site forming a local market of 30,000 consumers
- retail business even In large scale
- well-being services
- restaurants and cafes
- entertainment and recreation
Seinäjoki in brief
- One of Finland’s fastest growing cities
- EUR 1 billion in investments to further economic vitality will be allocated by 2021 for industrial construction, business and housing construction and production investments
- Finland’s sixth largest commercial centre
- Second highest number of active companies in relation to population
We are ready to take action and go the extra mile to help your business grow roots in Seinäjoki. First step to successful business is only a phone call away.
Mr. Jukka Pajunen
Director, Relocation and Invest in
Into Seinäjoki Oy
gsm +358 – 44 – 418 1215